Netherland Inn Lo Country Boil is back again!
After a very successful 2016 fun event, Netherland Inn is once again sponsoring our largest fundraiser, The Netherland Inn Lo Country Boil. On August 12, 2017, we will be enjoying everyone’s favorite Frogmore Stew, singing and dancing at the exciting venue, the Kingsport Farmer’s Market. Great food and a chance to further historic restoration at King’s Port on the Holston River!
We need your help to protect our local treasure!
The Netherland Inn Complex is the “Centerpiece” of the City’s 20-year “Riverwalk” / Kingsport on the Holston re-development project. It is essential the financial support for its continued existence be insured.
In the early years of the Netherland Inn Association, federal grants were available and much of the restoration was financed by these grants. Present day, the Inn is maintained and expanded completely with Association dues, memorial donations, gift shop sales and fund raising events. Maintenance costs for the complex are major, and reconstruction of historic additions (such as the bank barn and flatboat) has magnified the operating and maintenance expenses.
We have used 100% of the funding from past events for:
– continuous repair and maintenance of buildings and grounds
– replacement of the heating and cooling system in the Inn
– Parts 1 & 2 of the Inn’s 4-Stage Plan: completion and furnishing of the Museum of Pioneer Transportation and replica flatboat
– Exterior repair and re-painting the Inn
Funds from this and future events will go toward:
– Parts 3 & 4 of the Inn’s 4-Stage Plan: construction of a reproduction of King’s Wharf and the salt warehouse
– We are very excited to announce a new project! Funds are needed for the moving, reassembling, roofing, and wiring of a pre-Civil War cabin to be used as an interactive children’s pioneer museum
All proceeds from the 2017 Lo Country Boil will be used to augment and maintain the Inn.
Thank you for your support of this unique historic site!